Thursday, January 4, 2024

STATE 14: NEW JERSEY: Cape May Half Marathon 2023

 Date: 10/28/2023

Location: Cape May, NJ

Memories:

Thankfully I remember coming back from illness to run the Double Half ages ago, so I felt ok giving this a try 5 days after COVID!  I wasn't honestly even sure if I would be able to do it.  I figured: the hotel and race are both non-refundable so I might as well go out to Cape May since the weather was going to be SO gorgeous this late fall weekend.

I felt ok in the morning so I decided just to run and see how far I could go. I was super conservative, doing 15:30 intervals. Yeah, I was at the very back of the pack, literally dead last, for the first two miles. People were very kind!  I just kept doing my thing though, being very cautious, and the miles just kept ticking off. Around the halfway point I realized I could probably do this entire distance.  Somewhere around the turnaround near the WW2 tower, I realized I was probably going to get it done in the time limit provided.  Around the lighthouse, I realized I was going to be able to get done with time to shower!! Woo hoo!

I really treasure this medal and my inner strength/fortitude, getting over my pride, etc to get this state done!







No comments:

Post a Comment