Sunday, November 27, 2016

Florida: Disney Princess Half Marathon 2012

After running the first race, I promptly quit running :-)
Then I decided I wanted to go back and do it again.  I don't even think I had the goal of improving my speed. I just wanted to go back!  This time, my aunt went along and I was determined to take more time than the previous trip.  It was nice having a cheering squad!

This time, the race was noticeably more crowded and there were more men, but it was still fun and I knew better what to look forward to.  I didn't stop for quite as many pictures since some things were the same as the previous year.
I had a costume made by a friend who is an amazing seamstress but it just didn't quite work so well for me that day.  I don't have a lot of pictures from this one.  They were on my computer that was stolen so I'm glad for these printed ones I was able to scan in.  It was COLD that morning so I was wearing Velva's ChEAR squad blanket until I finally had to give her that and go to my starting corral. Unfortunately she was never able to see me on the course but it was still nice to have her there and share the weekend!
Post-race, we did the parks and walked another 13 miles!  I think she walked a hole in her new socks!  I could barely walk the next day but it was great.  Post race meal: Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom





Time: 03:04:52


No comments:

Post a Comment